Thursday, June 27, 2013

things that happen when you don't blog.

Sometimes my life gets randomly busy. Does that happen to you? Like your bored and then all of a sudden things just happen and your calendar is full. 2 weeks of helping run basketball camps, a birthday (the celebration has to stretch out over a full week, of course!), two full semester courses squished into 5 weeks, and the usual job stuff. Where did June even go?

Also, I turned 25. Which is super weird and I can't get it through my head. Do you always feel 18 years old, or does that go away? Because it hasn't gone away for me just yet. But at the moment I'm closer to 30 than 20 (!!!) and I don't even know what to do about it. Graduating college would probably be a good step, no? Everyone cross your fingers that I can start student teaching in the spring! Could there possibly be a light at the end of this ridiculously long tunnel? My dad's wallet certainly hopes so.

I'm really very lucky that I have great friends who will come to dinner with me to celebrate my impending quarter-life crisis. Kori is the greatest celebration planner, even if it means you have to wear a crown and sash through a crowded mall. I don't even want to know what she'll do when it comes time to plan my bachelorette party, so I'll just apologize for that raunchiness here and now (but really it will be a can't-miss event)! Also, Max Brenner will make you gain 50 pounds in one sitting, just so you all know. Is it worth it? Absolutely!

What does it say about you when all you ask for your birthday is a really good cake? Wait, hold that thought. I don't think I want to know.

Hopefully I'll be a slightly better blogger for the rest of the summer. But then again Big Brother just started so that will probably take up the majority of my free time... I'm pathetic!

said really good cake.

oh hey guys, thanks for being my friend!
PS- Do any Vegas friends need a roommate or know anyone who needs one? It's time to move onwards and upwards in my life.

2 comments:

Jacquelyn Welling said...

CUTIE BIRTHDAY GIRL I'm so sad I couldn't be there. :( But yes I also feel 18 also to answer your question...

Katie Parry said...

I feel the same way! I turn 25 in two weeks and I'm freaking out