Monday, April 22, 2013

red.

Friday morning started disgustingly early with an alarm set for 3:30 AM. Yuck. But, 3:30 AM is easy to digest when you're headed off on a great adventure!
Destination: Atlanta, GA.
Mission: Gather together to worship the goddess that is T. Swift. Mission also known as the Red Tour.

Our flight was long but we lucked out with an empty middle seat! Big win. Boots was feeling generous and let me sleep on her lap... what a gem. That possibly makes up for her current habit of making mean faces in pictures, which you'll be seeing quite soon. We met up with our great friends the Grensings, who invited us to join them at the concert. Thanks guys!

After what Boots describes as the best meal of her life (Trout... surprise surprise. How are we related?) and a short power nap, we were off to Phillips Arena! To get into the arena you have to go through CNN headquarters, which was interesting because this was the day of the manhunt for the Boston Marathon guy. The place was a ZOO. They took my good camera away but I'm very stealthy and had a backup... suck on that, arena security!
*You guys, I'm really sorry for the embarrassing amount of excitement and detail I'm about to give on T. Swift. Please understand that I just love her so so much. I can't even explain it, we just have a true bond.


remember Boots' obnoxious faces? yeah, this was on purpose.  

The concert started out with some country guy I'd never heard of. But he was really good! And then it was time for ED SHEERAN. I've already documented my love for Ed. His set was completely solo- just him and a guitar. Ughhhh you guys he's amazing! Serious talent. If I had 8 billion dollars I would gift everyone his album on iTunes. And he's a ginger with this ridiculous British accent that's just the best thing ever! Okay, I'll stop now. My one photo of Ed haha:

Now it was time for the woman herself!! Taylor gave us everything we wanted and MORE. I'd heard her voice wasn't that great live, but I was so impressed! I thought she sounded perfect. She had like a million outfit changes, the cutest outfits of course. When she talks to the audience, it seems like she's letting you in on all her secrets. I feel like we are just besties! But I'm sure the other 15,000 people there felt like that too hahaha. Also she literally cried while singing All Too Well and it literally MADE MY LIFE. It might have been staged but I ate it up.


During the middle of 22 she went through the crowd and switched stages so she was right in front of us. It was so thrilling! Also she sang one of my favorite songs ever that she never sings at her concerts- 15. I love that song. It was just too perfect.


Ed Sheeran came back to sang Everything Has Changed. Hannah LOVES this song and it has special meaning to her so she may or may not have teared up... it was just the cutest thing ever.

She surprised us with B.O.B. and they did Both Of Us! So so fun.



 If I could I would buy everyone tickets to the Red Tour because it was seriously a blast! T. Swift is such an entertainer. I may or may not be trying to go again in LA later this summer! We ended the night with lost voices and some delicious Georgia peach cobbler. Heaven.



1 comment:

Nicole said...

I am dying to see her Red tour! I saw her back in the early days of her Fearless tour and it was unreal. Doesn't she have the coolest costume changes ever?! So fun!