Saturday, March 16, 2013

unfortunate events.

Sometimes I have bad days. One of these days happened on Friday.

I went into work early so I could leave to get to the hair appointment I'd been looking forward to for weeks. So after work I go get some french fries because- duh- it's friday, so any sort of clean eating has gone out the window. And I am driving down the road completely care-free and watching a homeless man hit people up for money at a stoplight when...


Bam... right in the back. Talk about a day ruiner... or a few week ruiner, but hopefully not a month ruiner.

Not to worry, I'm okay and walked away with nothing but a monster headache that will hopefully buzz off soon. Mini is another story. Poor little thing had to be towed and will be in the shop for (what I'm hoping will be) a little bit.


At first, I was really mad. Like when I finally got home I had to have one of those life's-not-fair-why-did-this-have-to-happen-to-me moments and just ugly-cry for a little. It's annoying when something is completely out of your hands and causes such an inconvenience to not only you, but those around you as well.

But I'm also really grateful. As you can see, we were the luckiest. The other 2 cars airbags went off and their cars were disasters. I'm extremely grateful that my car wasn't hit directly, because the dude was clearly going fast and who knows what would have happened to me in my little car. I also am lucky enough to have parents that dropped everything to come and help (and it certainly doesn't hurt to have a dad in the insurance business to get things rolling).

Real talk- Things could be a lot worse.

In the mean time, lets all pray that the body shop gods will take the best care of mini, because I kind of like her.

No comments: