Monday, March 11, 2013

i'm always too invested.

I get really invested in celebrity relationships.
Like, REALLY invested.

Let me take you back to my sophomore year in high school, when Nick and Jessica were in their prime. Newlyweds was EVERYTHING and I think we can trace my reality television addiction right back to that very moment (well, that and Laguna Beach, but that's a story for another day. #teamLC).
I thought it was so wonderful that Nick and Jessica were so in love and so normal and just so dang adorable. Like the whole chicken of the sea thing? I ate that right up! Not literally, because I hate anything that comes from the sea. But she was so innocent and sweet and he just loved her. My friend Aubrey and I once watched the first season of Newlyweds in her mom's car on the way to do baptisms at the temple... hahaha so appropriate. We worshipped them!

happier times. 

And then it ended. And I was emotionally shattered and had my first really sad experience with celebrity relationships. And it didn't end there!
Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams? Crushed.
Emily and Jef from the Bachelorette? I felt personally offended. Like, we wasted a whole season!
Eva Longoria and Tony Parker? Devastated. I never really liked Tony, but how could you cheat on Eva? HOW???

I was at dinner with my bestie Sam the other day and we were discussing this. We came up with our ultimate worst case scenario celebrity breakup. Don't make fun of me for this.

this is what real love looks like.
KHLOE AND LAMAR.
I watched their wedding and cried. Fun fact: I had the wedding special recorded on my dvr for literally over a year just so I could watch it when I felt like I needed to believe that true love and fabulous weddings actually DO exist. If Khloe could find it, I can too!! Right?
If they ever break up, send help. I might need counseling.

Others on my devastating breakup list: Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner. Anyone else we should add to the list?

I can't even get started on tv character relationships. I could write you an entire essay on why Brooke and Lucas always belonged together over him and Peyton (unpopular opinion alert!), but we'll save that for some other time.

3 comments:

Jackie Welling said...

Don't forget about Heidi & Seal! I was so sad about that. If Ben Affleck & Jen ever split up I'm going to have a breakdown, they're precious. Miss you BFF!

Nicole said...

I am so with you on Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner. If they don't survive, no other celebrity couple ever will.

Also, I still harbor the secret hope that Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling will eventually get back together.

Nick + Paige said...

I can't even put into words how devastated I would be if Tim McGraw and Faith Hill ever got divorced. And I also feel the same way about Koko and Lammy. I don't even want that thought in my mind. And yes I agree with ^^ Ben & Jen...we can't even go there.

P.S. I am SO with you on Lucas and Brooke belonging together!! I thought me and my sister were the only ones who felt that way.