Thursday, February 14, 2013

it's time to begin, isn't it?

So I had this friend in high school that was really cool and would always invite people over to hang out at his house. However, most of the time these hangouts would turn into his own personal concert, as he would consistently bust out the guitar and start singing. Which is cool and all, but sometimes you just wanna chill, ya know? And quite frankly, it got old, fast. I'll admit, I was a little bit of a doubter in this guy, even though I thought he was fun to hang out with. Anyways, I'm telling you this because this cool-guy-slash-constant-concert-giver has turned out to be a certified. platinum. rock star.

Like, literally. His band's song "It's Time" has gone platinum (!!!).

Who woulda guessed? Well, I guess I could have, if I had been paying attention to his music all those years. The point is, it's amazingly gratifying to see someone living their dreams so literally. In a funny way, it makes me feel really empowered. I'm incredibly happy for his success, and this weekend I went with some friends to see his first headlining tour with his band, Imagine Dragons!


Hannah actually wanted to go with her friends and my parents would only consent if I went to chaperone. And what better way to chaperone than with two of your most fun friends and a couple cute boys?!


We had SO much fun, much more than I was expecting. Aren't fun weekends like this just the best? I need more of them in my life.

Go download some Imagine Dragons, stat.

Bonanza Bengals represent!

No comments: