Monday, December 31, 2012

UNC aka basketball HEAVEN


Let me preface this post with a small side note: I'm obsessed with the University of North Carolina. I'm sorry if I gush about it.

When we found out that UNLV was going to be playing North Carolina in Chapel Hill, the wheels started turning in my head on how I could convince my padre to take me. Christmas present maybe? I even requested the days off like 4 months in advance because I knew I HAD to be there. This is like a once in a lifetime thing, people. I'm sorry if you don't understand... it's weird, I know. But UNC is like the holy land of college basketball. Lucky for me, I got a free flight from being my dads companion and so I didn't even have to beg or ask santa! NORTH CAROLINA BABY!

It was a super quick trip. We flew into Raleigh late Friday night. We slept in Saturday morning, had breakfast at Waffle House, and then headed to the Dean Dome for the game!
Their campus is gorgeous. Trees and hills and brick buildings everywhere... why didn't I go to school here?


 We were lucky enough to have incredible seats again! It was a great game even though we lost. Their fans are so classy and friendly!


 Of course golden child got the invite from Kori and Stefan so we met up with them at the game. I really do love them.
 The coolest thing about UNC is their legacy. Like look at all those retired jerseys... insane! When Michael freaking Jordan is an alumnus, you know your school is amaze. And during all timeouts, they just showed videos of all their accomplishments and their crazy list of alumni in the NBA... it was so rad. Did I mention I'm obsessed?
After the game we went in search of some good Carolina barbeque. We randomly found this little hole in the wall- if you can't tell, it's called Hog Heaven! How perfect! Their pulled pork sandwich was to die for and we overdosed on hush puppies. It was the perfect way to end the day!

We flew back early sunday morning. It was a really long trip for such a short time, but I would do it again and again and again. Going to a game at UNC was a bucket list thing for me and it couldn't have been a better experience. 

Now I'm off to paint my life Carolina blue.

No comments: