Monday, November 12, 2012

on being patient.

I don't consider myself to be a very patient person.
Usually when I want something, I WANT it. Like, right then, in that moment.
However, I always need things to look forward to. It helps me get through the days. Sometimes patience is a good thing, because it gives you those little butterflies of excitement when something big is happening.
So here's a list of things I'm looking forward to, some tiny things and some huge things.

-Rebel Basketball season (its here!)
-My sister coming home for thanksgiving
-Thanksgiving in general
-Watching one tree hill before bed tonight
-The new One Direction album (I'm 6 years old, you guys.)
-Celebrating my Sammy's birthday this weekend!
-Going to Portland in December
-Making more new friends in my ward (I'm trying REAL hard)
-Finishing the Book of Mormon
-Going to North Carolina in December to watch UNLV vs UNC!!!!!
-Christmas decorations and music
-Seeing this cute boy at school tomorrow
-Wearing my cute new clothes I got at the Gap friends and family sale this weekend (Thanks Ally!)
-Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
-Playing bingo with my friends again

That's a pretty good list. I have a lot to look forward to.
But mostly I'm really really REALLY looking forward to going here someday.
Heavenly Father's timing is so personal, isn't it? I've been thinking about that a lot lately. And trying to be patient.

2 comments:

. said...

it's no fun to be patient but when it happens you'll be thankful it never happened before then :) Xo. sadie

Jackie Welling said...

Miss you BFF!