Monday, September 24, 2012

I love San Francisco, vol. 1.

This family loves the bay area. Some of our roots are there- my beloved Grammy was born and raised in El Cerrito, right across the bay from San Francisco. My dad has lots of great memories of going there in the summers to visit his family, and lucky for us kids, he likes to pass those on to us. It's a very special place to me and I really wish I would have been able to go there with my Gram! I know she would have had the greatest stories and hole-in-the-wall places to visit! Do you think there will be cities and vacations in the next life? I really hope so, because Gram is most definitely rocking that joint.

Anyways, my dad turned the big 5-0 in August and we originally wanted to do a big family trip to SF to celebrate. It didn't ever come together, but my genius mother had the idea to gift him Giants tickets for whenever he wanted to go and with whoever he wanted to take- cue sibling rivalry competition! Luckily I also had a genius gift for my dad, a video of pictures of his life that included all the pictures from our various travels and adventures over the years. This made him nostalgic (mission accomplished), and he invited his 3 favorite children to accompany him! SCORE! Chase was disqualified via the whole mission thing, and Hannah just isn't quite cool enough to join us yet (sorry Bill, love ya). So without further adieu, I present to you day 1 of our San Francisco trip!

*There will be a ton of pictures because it's easier to share them on the blog than email them to the siblings. Suck it up and enjoy it with us :)))

We left early Friday morning, met up with Jessi at the airport and flew to SF. Padre was already there for some work stuff so we met him at the hotel right on the Embarcadero, and our room happened to have a KILLER view of the bay!


This hotel was excellent for me because there's this random sandwich place that I'm obsessed with called Buckhorn Grill that was literally 10 steps away. Seriously, best tri-tip sandwich of my life. I'm a little sad we only had it one time, I DREAM about this sandwich! (Prepare yourselves for food updates, it's my reality people).
We took the cable car right outside our hotel up to Union Square and Market St. for some shopping and the obligatory stop at Nike Town SF for some Giants gear, because you can't let that discount go to waste, right?



They get business DONE, even on a cable car



Then we went back to change and head to AT&T Park for the game!!! I just love this place. There's something about a ballpark that puts a smile on my face. We had the most beautiful walk along the embarcadero to get there, including walking right under the Bay Bridge. And did I mention that we had the perfect weather the whole time we were there?!






Supporting my boy Buster Posey... I adore him
My dad left me and Dixon in charge of seats. Friday was my night and I picked some great seats in the club level, mostly for the incredible gooey carmel popcorn, which I failed to get a picture of because it was inhaled at a disgusting rate. It was Olympic Night at the park and when we were walking to our seats we ran into Nathan Adrian, aka 3 time gold medal swimmer from the London Olympics! He was the guy that won the freestyle by .01 seconds if you remember. And, he's a total BABE... I got to touch his back and I could feel those swimmer muscles right through. Sorry I'm kind of a creeper Nathan, but you're just TOO gorgeous!



bacon wrapped hot dog... check.


garlic fries... check. surprisingly delicious!

We got to see my boy Buster get the Willie Mac Award! Did I mention I love him?! And his wifey and little baby twins were with him and my heart just melted.

check out this sunset... it was an unbelievable night!



No comments: