Wednesday, June 20, 2012

flashback: obx.

Might I suggest that you meander over to my longtime friend Emily's blog? She is a master with words, has some of the coolest life experiences AND she has the cutest little family... what more could you ask for? I was reading her blog tonight of her adventures at their beach house in the Outer Banks of North Carolina and I got soooo jealous. You see, we were lucky enough to spend a week there with them during the summer of 2005 and it. was. heaven. I've always been a sucker for the beach and it was so fun and refreshing to experience the east coast and the atlantic ocean. It is SO beautiful there and they have so many different activities and events. We would spend our mornings playing wallyball, spend the day at the beach, go check out the crab traps in the evening, and ride our bikes to the little store for cotton candy ice cream every night. I fell in love with this little place! One day me and Emily took out the kayak and after a few minutes, we were surrounded by dolphins. Like, literally right next to our kayak and swimming all around us and under us. It was terrifying/exhilarating at the same time! Something I will never forget. I dug up a couple pictures from our trip- enjoy my high school hair and sassy green plaid shorts! Truly one of my favorite trips ever, besides the side trip to Kitty Hawk and hiking up to the memorial in the sweltering heat and humidity, but that experience resulted in finding a drive thru convenience store that is so truly brilliant, I wonder how it hasn't sprouted up all over the country. How's that for a run-on sentence?

2 comments:

John said...

This is a very beautiful and interesting picture, i enjoyed your article it has great detail in it, thanks for sharing the artistic work, i appreciate your work!


High School Diploma

e.m. said...

OBX seriously is the best. We wish you were here to eat ice cream, eavesdrop on the BBQ, play in the sand, and catch amazing waves with us. Thinking of you dear.