Thursday, December 29, 2011

chi-city!

Soooo I went to Chicago a couple weeks ago and it was so fun and beautiful and magical and COLD! But still such a great getaway. Sorry for all the pictures that will be in this post. We had so much fun! Our favorite Rebel family/adopted sisters Aubrey and Gentry joined us for the weekend. They moved to Nashville this summer so it was so great to be with them again! Here's what we did in the windy city...

SEARS TOWER (really called Willis Tower but who cares about that)
We had the most beautiful weather this day- cold but sunny and clear, which is more than we could've asked for! From the top of Sears Tower you can see 4 states and the whole city. They have these glass pods that you can go in and see underneath you... super creepy but so fun! Loved this place.






THE BEAN
There's this huge metallic bean in Millennium Park and I don't know why but I'm obsessed with it. I think it's the coolest thing ever. I flew in later than everyone else because I had a final, and my sweet cab driver took me on a little tour of the city on the way to the hotel and he made sure that I looked closely at the Bean and you can see the whole city reflected in it... it's awesome. Probs one of my favorite things about Chicago. And when you take a picture of your reflection, you look like a midget.





ICE SKATING @ MILLENNIUM PARK
Guess what? I'm the world's worst ice skater. The good news is, so are Aubrey and Gentry. We are AWFUL. I held Aubrey's hand the whole time and my dad had to drag us around but it was SO fun! Even though it was freezing outside and a little crowded we had a blast, although I probably won't be ice skating anytime soon, at least not in front of people. I probably need private lessons or something.







UNLV VS ILLINOIS @ THE UNITED CENTER
Obviously the reason we went to Chicago in the dead of winter was to see this game! And it was worth it. The boys played probably their best game all season and it's always fun to beat someone in front of all their fans! The United Center is awesome and huge. There's a big MJ statue at the entrance and I attempted to take a picture of his jersey in the rafters... so legendary. It was a really cool environment and thanks to my job/one of the wonderful staff members, we had the best seats in the house. I love my rebs!





Other things we did: Ate the best hot dogs and fries ever, did lots of shopping, met the love of my life Laurent at Niketown Chicago, ate the best pizza ever, spent lots of time in my favorite Topshop, ate the best breakfast ever, had great encounters with sketchy drivers, went to Navy Pier, drank lots of starbucks. Basically just shopping and food.

I need to go back to Chicago in the summer!

No comments: