Thursday, September 29, 2011

iheartradio.

My padre is the best.
Have I ever mentioned that?
There are many reasons why, but this particular one involves him randomly looking on the internet for last minutes tickets to the sold out Iheartradio festival at the MGM Grand. He found 3-perfect for him, me and little Boots. He found them at 5:30, and the concert was at 7:30. It was the perfect spontaneous friday night activity!
Not many dads would be up to taking their daughters to a very loud concert with music they aren't really familiar with. Most dads wouldn't barter with scalpers when our ticket contact didn't show up, which ended up being a great thing because we were able to get awesome seats. Most dads wouldn't be listening to Jay-Z all day, everyday after seeing him at the concert.
IT. WAS. SO. FUN!

And of course, my pictures didn't turn out great. And half of them were mysteriously deleted when I tried to upload them on my computer. But for memories sake, here's who we got to see:

Black Eyed Peas- SO fun, perfect way to open the show, did all their good songs, confetti in the air. Oh and we saw Fergie's husband, Josh Duhamel. He's way too handsome for her.


Ryan Seacrest was the host- love him.


Kelly Clarkson. She was really good and singing Since U Been Gone brought back lots of HS memories!


Bruno Mars- His voice is amazing! I get really annoyed because his songs are constantly on the radio so I can't really listen to him but he was awesome. And he sang this Amy Winehouse song that I LOVE and it was just perfect!


CARRIE UNDERWOOD (!!!!!)- I'm obsessed. Seriously, I need to go to her concert, stat. Her voice is to die for and she is so perfect and gorgeous. Can you tell that I love her? Seriously, I was singing at the top of my lungs the whole time and everyone around me thought I was crazy because they were all there for Jay Z, not Carrie. And this is also the point where my pictures got deleted so all I have left are crappy phone pictures... sad face.


Coldplay- Let me just tell you that Coldplay blew my mind. I wasn't even a fan and now I'm obsessed. They are so entertaining and talented and I will definitely go to one of their concerts. And they played Fix You, which is one of my fav songs ever. Do yourself a favor and go download their new song Paradise. No good pictures of them but they were by far my fav of the night!


Alicia Keys- She has a beautiful voice but I'm not really into her. She's really pretty tho.


And last but not least...
JAY Z aka HOV aka H to the Izzo aka the best rapper alive.

My dad didn't know I like rap... does he know me at all? That's debatable. He did all his big songs and my secret anthem On to the Next One and of course our favorite part of the night... Empire State of Mind with Alicia Keys. I tried to upload a video but it didn't let me :( But how can you not LOVE that song?! Even though I was secretly hoping he would bring out his adorable pregnant wife for a song (Beyonce, for those of you living under a rock), he still brought it SO hard. Moment I will remember, for sure.

THANK YOU DAD! We had such a blast. Can't wait till next year :))))


xoxo

1 comment: