Tuesday, January 11, 2011

places, memories.

Last night I was laying awake in my bed and a random memory flashed through my head.
When I was 16, we took a family trip to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. Sometimes I forget about it, but it was one of the best trips I've ever been on. Emily and her family are definitely the most fun family to travel with- I love them. Nothing beats night bike rides to the general store for cotton candy ice cream. One day at the beach, a snake just slithered his way through our beach chairs, and I've never heard my mom scream so loud. Dad took us out crabbing everyday, even though we never really caught any. I specifically remember hiking up the giant hill to the memorial at Kitty Hawk- thank you Wright brothers for inventing the airplane, but visiting the place of the first flight left me the sweatiest I've ever been. We discovered the Brew Thru- a drive thru drink place, aka the best invention EVER. I'm shocked it hasn't made its way to the West Coast.
The point of this blog- I love going places. I love making new memories that still make me laugh out loud almost 6 years later. I can't wait until I can make my triumphant return to OBX, because it's such a beautiful place.




Apparently the only picture I took of this trip was me with a crab. Lovely.

xoxo

P.S. Em- Remember when SJ found the adult diaper in the closet?!

1 comment:

e.m. said...

Oh my gosh. I am about to pee my pants I am laughing so hard!!! Yes I totally remember the adult diaper... and the nightly ice cream trips. Remember when there was that huge lightning storm and we thought it would be a great idea to go swimming. We were idiots. And when your mom won bingo? CLASSIC. Let's go again soon.