Thursday, December 23, 2010

have yourself a merry one.


Hard to believe that at this time last year, I was spending Christmas Day at Notre Dame.
A lot has happened in the past year. It hasn't been the best one I can remember. Good times, bad times. Times of the most confusion I've ever had, and times of perfect clarity when I least expected it. There's been life changing decisions I've made and life changing circumstances I had no say in. Bottom line: It's been a rough, scary, exciting, crazy year in the life of Alyssa Joy. I'm grateful for everything, though. I feel just a little bit stronger than last year.
I don't find it a coincidence that we end our year with Christmas time- the time when I can be with the people that mean the most to me in the one place that will always welcome me with open arms- Home. So, even though it's hard for me to say virtually anything without sarcasm, I want to wish all my sweet friends and lovely family the happiest Christmas one could possibly have. And mostly, I want to say THANK YOU to all of you. I don't really express my emotions that much, but I hope you all know that you mean the world to me, truly, and even though it's the most cliche thing in the world to say, I wouldn't be who I am today without all of you. You've touched my heart in ways you probably don't even know.
I love you all and I hope all your wishes come true this season!

xoxo

1 comment:

Brittany said...

that was just the sweetest thing ever!! :) love ya lyss!!! have a merry christmas!