Monday, August 30, 2010

i'm obsessed with mexico. sorry bout it.

I'm pretty sure mexico trips have taken this blog hostage. Whoops! Oh well, there's some great pictures that go along with it. Let me just say that I love this place. It's so relaxing and nice to not really do anything. I love that. I love that we have our little places we always go and people we always see. I love that it makes you appreciate small things like normal grocery stores and the ability to walk around without being gawked at (and no, I'm not bragging about that... I'm 6 feet tall, blond and blue eyed... I stick out like a sore thumb in this place).
We had lots of adventures this time. We rode horses on the beach. My horse was named Mancito, but I re-named him El Diablo because I'm pretty sure he was possessed. He took off running at top speed and I seriously saw my life flash before my eyes! It was TERRIFYING. The Mexican cowboys thought it was hysterical, of course. I'm sure it was quite the sight to see, me screaming at the top of my lungs as El Diablo dashes down the beach. The plus side is that we met the most adorable little mexican boys, Esteban and Geraldo. Fash bought them all candy and they were probably the happiest ever.






We also ventured to Ensenada for the afternoon. Even though we got lost and it took a little bit longer than expected, the drive was soooo gorgeous. We stopped at a 7-11 to get directions and while we were there, a traveling circus just happened to pull up right next to us with some panthers and weird baboons. Only in Mexico, right? We went to the famous blow hole. It was pretty cool. Isn't it amazing that nature just does weird things like that? Its fascinating to me! At the blow hole there's a bunch of shops and stuff, and there just happened to be a booth supporting the local zoo where you could hold baby tigers and lions. Of course we had to do it! Let me tell you, this baby tiger was the cutest, but he was not very happy! I snapped at me a couple times, but I still loved him. I never was good with animals anyway.



Pretty much we had an awesome trip. We always do, don't we? When the construction gets done, it will be even better. I want to bring everyone down to enjoy it. Let's all go.

XOXO

No comments: