Friday, April 2, 2010

spots.

I have lots of moles. freckles. whatever you wanna call them. My mom used to tell me they were angel kisses. I have hundreds, probably thousands of them all over my body. I don't really notice them. When I do, sometimes I think they're pretty. Sometimes I hate them. They're just... there. Anyways, it's been awhile since they've been brought to my attention. In the past week, I've had these three conversations with some of my favorite kiddos.

#1
Dominic: "What are all those spots on you?"
Me: "Those are my freckles."
Dominic: "You have ALOT of those."
Me: "Yes, I have them all over."
Dominic: "I think you should go to the doctor."

#2
Ethan: "Why do you have all those brown spots on your face?"
Me: "Those are my freckles. I have them all over."
Ethan: "Are those from the sun? My dad told me you get brown spots from the sun."
Me: "No, these ones I've had my whole life."
Ethan: "Are you sure you don't have swine flu? I heard you get those when you have swine flu."

And my favorite of all...
#3
Jacob: "What are those dots on you?"
Me: "Just my freckles."
Jacob. "Oh. You're beautiful."
Thanks, Jacob.

Let it be known: I've gotten my "spots" checked out by a doctor many times before. I wear sunscreen in the summer. I don't have swine flu. And sometimes I think my spots are beautiful, too.

No comments: