Tuesday, July 14, 2009

these days.

Well... my life is pretty uneventful these days. I'm back up in Provo, sans the usual group, and it's been interesting. I've never really been by myself for long periods of time, without my friends and family. This is the first time I've lived with just strangers. Surprisingly, I like it. No one bothers me when I don't want to be bothered. I can to my own thing and so can they, and occasionally we'll hang out together in the living room or something. It's refreshing.
Biology is a struggle, but I feel pretty motivated and have actually made a conscious effort to do well. I even went to study at the library two days in a row! Holler... that is so not me. I welcome these good changes.
The job hunt is also a struggle... I swear I've put in countless applications and resumes and have only heard back from a few. It's so frustrating, because I know I'm a hard worker and would be good at lots of things, given the chance. And let's hope the chance comes soon, because my funds are running pretty low.
In the mean time, I'm watching the OC again. I miss that show. It reminds me of high school. I liked high school.
My dear friend Jac stayed with me for a couple days this weekend. I love her. She was an EFY counselor this summer and she loved it and I loved hearing about it. EFY was good to me back in the day. You know what else is good to me? Jac's peanut butter rice crispies. With chocolate on top. Good to me, but not good for me.
I wish I could go to summer league this year. I love basketball... I miss it a lot in the summer. There isn't even football to keep my sports brain occupied. Baseball is a snoozefest... unless you're at the game. Then it's fun. I hope we can make it to a Padres game this summer.
I'm really excited for Jessica to move up here in the fall. That will be fun, and good bonding time. I can't believe she's going to college already!
And lastly, I leave you with this photo. I love it. God Bless America

3 comments:

Trent said...

i feel your job search pain..once i got back to provo after the mish i was so desperate i had to bus tables at the training table. eventually i worked my way up to cheese fry cook and started making the big bucks.

The Wellings said...

youre not so alone, you hang out with me sometimes!!

Haley said...

O.C is the best... along with jacs rice krispies!!!!! oh i miss though