Friday, July 3, 2009

one year ago...

I'm feeling a little reminiscent tonight folks. A year ago, I was Down Under with a few of my loved ones and what would soon become my Rebel Family. I miss them, and I miss this. Hence, I've decided to relive my adventures in a little segment I like to call "Best of Aussie". This might also be because I recently acquired new pictures from the trip that I didn't have before. So, like most of my posts, this one will be pretty picture-heavy, but hey, pictures say a lot more than I ever could. And so, I present to you... the things I loved most/best moments/long lost photos of my time down under.

I looooved bonding with these boys. Please ignore Lucy and her friend in the pic, they're a little possessive of dear rebs.

This picture is one of my favorites. Taken at Sydney Harbour, right outside the Opera House.

Can you tell we try hard to fit in with the boys? Don't worry, I loved to listen in on the team meetings. Just trying to put in my two cents with coach, ya know?


The Opera House was really cool. The tour was a little mundane, but it at least gave us some good photo ops!

Oh, the zoo. Steve Irwin's shrine, I should say. A little morbid that he's still in all the videos and everything they show there, his voice is over the speakers, etc. RIP Steve. The zoo was a little underwhelming, especially after the loooong bus ride to get there. The croc show wasn't that impressive. The coolest thing about the zoo was the kangaroo area. Tons of roos just hanging out, and you could pet them and play with them and even provoke them, if you wanted a little punch in the gut. And I almost forgot, "Bindi's big ass"... or so said our tour guide. I think it's one of those things you had to be there for.



Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast was pretty sweet. Good shopping, great beach, and the opportunity to see shirtless basketball players. What more could you ask for? Maybe some asians who loved to take crazy pictures with the crazy american girls?


Of course, the bungy jumping. Never have I felt so many emotions in such a short amount of time. I went from calm to crying to screaming of fear to screaming of joy to the biggest adrenaline rush I've ever felt/probably ever will feel in a matter of seconds. Still, hands down, coolest experience of my life thus far. Oh, and that look on my face in the group picture... that's legit fear. No posing for me.



Ahh, the Great Barrier Reef. Another place where I was able to conquer a small fear of mine... fish/the middle of the ocean. I HATE fish... everything about them. However, scuba diving was pretty up there with the bungy experience... something I'll probably never get to do again, and something I'll remember vividly for the rest of my life. As you can see, the gear was less than flattering, but it was well worth it. So was the helicopter ride above the reef, with water so clear we were able to see turtles swimming around from the air. Once again, SO. COOL.



And here, because I love you and want you to get a good laugh for the day, is probably the most unattractive picture of me ever taken. You're Welcome.

Last, I really really loved the chance to bond with my sisters, both the real one and the ones I affectionately call my Rebel Sisters. I love them. I miss them when I'm gone. I love when the season comes around and we get to see each other more.


Pretty much I loved this trip. Adventures were everywhere, and I miss it. Even though it will be nice this year to actually celebrate July 4th while in this country. Next up: Paris and London for christmas. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Kadee said...

Whatever Lyss, you don't think the neon purple and green with the pink lining are your colors? You crazy. :) See you tonight!