Tuesday, July 7, 2009

gone too soon.


So the Michael Jackson story has been literally everywhere for that past two weeks. It makes me really sad because I loooove MJ's music, and always have, ever since I was little. I remember watching Free Willy and at the end of the movie, the video for Will You Be There would come on with Michael in his flowy white shirt singing his heart out while Willy was finally free after jumping over the rock wall. Cheesy, yet memorable. And who could forget Captain Eo at Disneyland hahaha... one of my personal favorites! Over the years I've come to really appreciate his talent and regularly rocked out to MJ with my SUU roomies and on long drives. Michael even lived down the street from my house for a few months, even though I never got to see him. Pretty much what I'm saying is regardless of your opinion on his controversial life choices, I doubt there's anyone out there that doesn't have at least one memory of hearing a Michael Jackson song in some memorable way. I'm kinda sad that I, along with millions of his fans, will never have the opportunity to see him do the moonwalk and sing his iconic songs in person. After watching a few specials about him this past week, I've come to the conclusion that he had a really sad life. He never really got his childhood, and I think that's why he was so innocent and childlike as an adult. I always thought he was innocent, and that really sick people took advantage of his genuine good heartedness. I think his kids are adorable, and I hope everything turns out okay for them. I watched the memorial service today and I just cried when his daughter spoke! I know, I'm a sap, but while we lost our king of pop, those kids lost their dad. So so sad. I found this really cool tribute video on youtube (I love the song in it... when Usher sang it at the memorial I cried again. Don't make fun of me), I think it really gets his vibe and what he would've wanted us to remember.

RIP Michael... you will be missed.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

all too true :(
i seriously keep thinking about when i die, and the fact that i'll get to meet him. haha how cheesy am i? i'm so excited to pass on now! lol

Alec and Tiffany said...

Although I admit that he is and will always be the King of Pop, I'm over this MJ thing. If I get one more forward about him I think I'll cancel my phone service! I hope you had fun at the party in Vegas!!

ACR