Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Quilter's Paradise

You may look at me and say to yourself, "hmmm... she does NOT look like she would be able to sew a button back on, much less make her very own quilt!" Well, to you my friends, I say.... WRONG! Can you believe it?! I am soooo domestic. A couple weeks ago I made meatloaf for dinner, now here I am channeling my inner grammy and quilting up a storm. Quilt Camp in the Ozarks was absolutely amazing... one of the most fun trips I've been on in awhile. To you it may sound like a snoozefest, but with my beautiful aunts Chris, Janae and Cindy, my mama, and my super cool cousins Kadee, Elizabeth, Melissa and Tiff, you couldn't have found a more hilarious group. Let me tell you the best things about quilt camp:
My Aunt Chris' really cool quilt shop in her basement (linked above... check it out!) We got to play with Long-Arm Sally for a little, and it really just makes you giggle.


Stopping in Kimmswick, Missouri at the Blue Owl Restaurant... delicious food and desserts to die for! Their bakery was amazing.
This pose was because we were sooooo full.


The stunning scenery... it was like something out of a movie!



Being with my Mom and seeing her wild side come out... Tiff knows what I'm talking about!




Strip Dances and giving not one, but TWO Valedictorian speeches (yes, I am truly so talented that I was voted valedictorian of quilt camp. My parents are SO proud.)




Going to Dickey Bubs, the local farm and home store. Complete with live chicks for sale and some pretty awesome shirts!



Pretty cool photo shoots




And last but not least (sorry this is such a loooong post!)... the creation of my quilt!!! Watch as it magically grows from little fabric scraps to my very first quilt done ALL by myself!








I HEART QUILT CAMP!

5 comments:

Janae' said...

I Heart You!

Brittany said...

i love your quilt!!!!!!!!!!!!! teach me how to make one!

Heather said...

I want to make a quilt!!! It looks like so much fun!! P.S. I love your hair!!! The color is so pretty

Mackenzie said...

Alyssa! It makes me feel so good to know that I am stalked!! :) You are so cute and I love stalking your blog too!! What a cute little life you have in Utah! Love it! :)

Ally Kay said...

You are adorable. All these pictures of you are super gorgeous. I love you, Lys. Remember dear old Brother Parkinson? Just a thought. You are fantastic. Looks like you had a blast. And your hair is looking extra awesome. Password: Psghetti. See you soon