Tuesday, February 24, 2009

should I be worried?

So I was looking at this picture.

Sadie Hawkins 2005... what a great time in life. Except for that fact that I took a really really attractive guy... who turned out to be a total loser. What's new. That's not the point. The point is, this lovely photograph was taken 3 years ago. Doesn't seem like such a long time to me. However, as I was pondering this pic, it hit me... Out of 23 girls, representing my core group of HS ladies, 7 are married. 5 are engaged. Coming to a grand total of 12. That's right, a little over three years and more than half of this bunch are hitched! CRAZY. Welcome to Mormon/Provo culture.
Here's the thing. I love that all my friends are so happy and in love and what not but... I'm 20 years old. 20!! I have High School Musical marathons with Boots when I'm home. I leave my dishes in the sink. My clean laundry is currently sitting in a heap on my floor. The only thing I can cook to perfection are the chocolate chip cookies on the back of the chocolate chip bag, and believe me, that took me YEARS to perfect! Point being... I'm not a wife. Not even close. So although I'm jealous of the wedded bliss, I kinda hope that the guy upstairs gives me a little more time to domesticate myself before he brings Mr. Right along. I'm just a baby!
Mad props to all you young wifeys out there. Teach me how someday.

6 comments:

sammy doo said...

can i get an amen!? but 5 girls engaged?! who are they?? haha i was lost. and just a little comment on this picture...longest but most fun weekend ever...HARRY HARRY HARRY!

Haley said...

This is pretty much my favorite picture in the world!and no wories you have one up on me, i can't make chocolate chip cookis for my life, i still go with the pillsbury pre made dough!

The ORR Family said...

dang...wow. I'm shocked. I'm just another statistic...darn. But how 'bout reminiscing on Nathan GOobligaga. HAHAHA! Wonderful. Seriously, enjoy yourself. Because someone the other day was like, great all my friends are married I'm such a loser I'll never be married--WE ARE 20 YEARS OLD!!!! What has our culture done to our brains. Everyday I think how crazy it is I'm married, love it, but crazy. So please, dress skanky, go to dance parties, hang out with a million different boys, kiss some of them, watch One Tree Hill with your girls til your face comes off. Live it up Lyss, you're at your prime. LOVE YOU GIRL! (bring me some cookies please and I'll fold your laundry)

Alec and Tiffany said...

You're going to be a great wife...as long as you don't marry a cougar...but even if you do, we will work on him for you.

ACR

Amanda said...

Girl i was the same way before i got married!!! it will come naturally when you get married!

Bobbi Leavitt said...

listen, you eat out a ton when your first married, so you can come home to perfect cookies. Thats all that matters. And who knows? maybe your husband will like to do dishes and laundry. :)