Friday, December 19, 2008

lights.


I just love Temple Square during Christmas. It's an amazing place any time of the year, but there's a special spirit surrounding it during the holidays. The thousands of lights surrounding the temple are seriously breathtaking! I've always loved Christmas lights. In fact, my family has a tradition of driving around town and looking at houses on the monday night before Christmas. We even have our own rating system ("ooh", "aah", "wow") and we always follow it up with hot Krispy Kremes. I'm kind of sad that I'll miss that tradition this year, being that I'm not coming home till Christmas Eve. However, being able to go enjoy the lights at Temple Square certainly makes up for it. We (me and the girls) ate at the Garden on top of the JSMB... not as good as I remembered it, but still satisfying. Then we went out and walked around for a bit and just enjoyed the season. I think the Salt Lake Temple is one of the most beautiful in the world, and so unique. It makes it that much more beautiful when the square is lit up even more! If you get a chance to be up in Salt Lake during the Christmas season, you MUST go check it out. So worth it!



1 comment:

Michelle said...

I've been to the Temple at Christmas with the girls. It really is breathtaking. We really like the live Nativity. Hope we get to see you over Christmas. We are all pretty nervous about the game today (AZ).