Thursday, October 9, 2008

here's the thing...


I'm out of material people. My life is ridiculously tedious at the time, therefore I have nothing exciting to blog about (hence prior tag post). Here is my life these days:
Wake up. Press the snooze button approximately 3 times before actually getting up. Finally get up, get dressed and such and go to class. Drive around for 10 minutes before finding a parking spot. Walk to classroom, then try to stay awake in said class. Go back home and take a power nap/eat lunch before work. Drive to the mall and work at the wonderful buckle for about 4 or 5 hours and then go back home. Eat dinner. Watch tv. Maybe do a little homework. Listen to Jackie and her boyfriend wrestle and yell and scream obnoxiously (sorry j it's my blog I can rant). Listen to Becca talk to her boyfriend/possibly-future-fiance-maybe talk on the phone for hours and hours. Try to read a book but get distracted and resort back to the tv. Spend too many hours watching reruns of MTV reality shows before finally going to bed much too late.
Repeat.
Sounds like a blast, right?
Thank goodness fall break is next week and I get a nice, well-earned 3 day weekend! Well, 4 days without school, but only 3 without work. Still nice. Head back to the 702 for first look practice (don't get me started I can't wait) and a friend's wedding reception (too many of those lately). It will be nice to get out of Utah again. There's something to be said about not being a native Utahn.
I wish I was politically-savvy and could give some sort of inspirational epiphany I had after watching the veep/presidential debates! All I can say is, I like Sarah Palin. She's got spunk. John McCain is a stud, too, even if he can't lift his arms above his shoulders... and Barack has big ears. Oh yeah, and I think its wrong that Michelle Obama was named one of People magazine's top ten most stylish people of 2008... Cindy McCain dresses much better, thanks.
Speaking of fashion, I found some Rich & Skinny (yes, that is the name of the brand and just so happens to be the exact opposite of how I'm feeling at the moment) $152 jeans on sale at Nordstrom for 41 dollars! I was SO excited. They are adorable and I can't wait to wear them with boots this winter (ugh winter. dreaded word).
Songs I'm digging? "Human" by the Killers. FINALLY a solid Killers song after their last album was a disappointment. "Love Lockdown" by Kanye West, he's taking a crack at singing a little and its not bad! Last but not least, "Womanizer" by my girl Britney. The Spears is makin' a come back, ya'll!
And last but not least, by brother commented that the picture of my past love in my last post made him sick. D, this one, spotted in the Marriott Center parking lot, should have the exact same effect.

PEACE

6 comments:

Dixon Leavitt said...

good thing i havent eaten dinner yet...

Angela and Mike said...

haha...okay, so Hannah has a blog? that's got to be hysterical. that girl is great. I wish I could buy cute jeans at buckle...however, my growing belly doesn't really allow me to fit into much of any pants these days :) ...your dad likes to remind me a daily basis. haha. Don't worry, he also asked me today how much I weighed now.

glad you are doing well!

Angela and Mike said...

Don't worry alyssa, I'm not crazy. I didn't say I liked wearing thick, winter jackets in 10 degree weather...more like light jackets in 60s and 70s. You know? Yeah, Utah winters are about 4 months too long, I'd be fine with just a month or 2 of snow. Well, I gotta go watch some OU vs. Texas football! Have a great fall break!

Andrew and Heidi said...

Blogging ruts happen to all of us, but glad to hear you're doing well and hope you enjoy your fall break!

Chase & Destiny Pittsenbarger said...

im jealous you found some Rich & Skinny jeans for that cheap! I just heard of that brand about 2 months ago and I have been wanting a pair ever since!

Andrew and Heidi said...

JT in da hizzouse! Go Cougs (even though you stunk it up in Texas). --Andrew