Monday, September 8, 2008

sorrows and joys

-First off, a good friend of mine passed away last week. Accidental drug overdose. It's so sad, not only because he was so young (20), but it couldn't have happened to a more friendly, happy and genuinely nice guy. I'm not gonna pretend like we were the best of friends, but whenever I hung out with him we always had a blast. Garrett could make anyone laugh and always gave the best hugs. I saw him just last weekend when I was home, and it's just plain weird that I'll never see him again. It's comforting to know that he's in a better place now and that his family WILL see him again someday. All I can say is don't take life for granted. Stop and give the ones you love a big hug because you never know if that will be your last chance to do so.

-On a lighter note, yesterday we had our regional stake conference at the Marriott Center. Elder Uchtdorf, Elder Packer, and Sister Dibb (President Monson's daughter) all gave amazing talks and it was so cool to be there and hear them in person. My only complaint is that the M Center was freakin PACKED and hot as you know... Why don't they upgrade and put chairs in the whole place? Sitting on a bench for two hours was torture.
-In mass comm today, I got assigned to do a project on the health hazards of energy drinks. Is it bad that I'm sipping on one as I write this? Whoops...
-Everyone needs to check out Hannah's blog. It is HYSTERICAL. Except for the fact that she wrote a post about Jessica being her favorite sister... which isn't wise considering that I have her password and can delete that post at any moment in time! She once told me that Jessica was her first favorite sister, then Kori, THEN me. And they say absence makes the heart grow fonder... yeah right! Let me know if you want to be added to her blog list, it's well worth it.
-I watched the VMA's last night and was happy to see a very healthy looking Britney Spears! I've always been rooting for her. I was a big fan back in the day and I secretly wish her and Justin Timberlake would get back together... that was a match made in heaven for me. Let's just say that if NSYNC went on a reunion tour I would be first in line for tickets. Oh yeah, and Britney took home the most awards of anyone... you go girl! Comeback!

-Look at these pillows my mama made me! She is the greatest! Aren't they adorable??
-Don't worry everyone, only 68 days till bball season! Holla!
-Today I'm going to the Utah State Fair... YEE HAW! Chris Cagle concert and ice cream festival anyone?? I'll be sure to wear my cowboy boots that I've been dying to phase into my wardrobe... I'm weird I know. Pictures to come later!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

8 comments:

Shay said...

I've always wanted cowgirl boots. always. And your pillows are so cute, your mom is super domestic... I wish I had that talent!:)

Trent said...

If it does come up, maybe you should pick up an extra 'NSYNC ticket, just in case, you know, you want to invite a cousin that lives nearby or something.

Bobbi Leavitt said...

i love your bed. it reminds me of candy and i love candy. have fun. come up to my house one night and let me feed you a real dinner. We all would love it! tell hannah to add me.
bobbileavitt@gmail.com

ps. i accidently posted this comment on your last entry. sorry.

Chase & Destiny Pittsenbarger said...

I had that same bedding! I LOVED IT!! i invited you to mine and chases blog sorry it took so long!

Michelle said...

Hi. So sorry to hear about your friend. Glad you got to go to conference. It's so important to have those faith-builders when bad things happen. Loved the bedding and would like to be able to incorporate cowboy boots into more outfits, NSYNC... well I'm just too old I guess to really relate but I think it's cute. Great to see you at football game. I think the girls would enjoy Hannah's blog so add us to her list and I'll tell them about it. HUGS from all of us.

Heather said...

sorry to hear about your friend. I love your comforter and ps. mass media is not such a fun class dang it. I am in it now :(

Kelli said...

Hey you crazy chicks. I was on my blog and noticed that you came on to check me out so I thought I'd drop in to say hi too. Sounds like you girls are having a blast at college. Wasn't that horrible about Garrett? Ask your Auntie Nae to tell you a funny story about Garrett sometime. That girl is a crack up. Have a great day.

Andrew and Heidi said...

Alyssa: the Celestial Kingdom will be just like the Marriott Center. Do I have to explain why? --Andrew