Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just taking a moment

After reading my very talented friend's blog (allyallyson.blogspot.com) I have decided to write about some things I'm thankful for this week. Sorry for copying you Al Pal, but you really inspired me!

LOVING PARENTS
So this one might sound a little cliche, but it truly is so important to me. My friend at work recently had to covertly move her, her mom, and three siblings out of her stepdad's house, because he was very emotionally abusive and just created a horrible environment to live in. I can't imagine not having parents that not only care for me and my brothers and sisters, but make it clear to us that they unconditionally love each other. I remember many times in my youth when I would talk back to my mom and get sent to my room, waiting for my dad to arrive home from work and give me the proper punishment. Most times, he wouldn't be angry with me. He would just end up counseling me on how much he loves my mom and supports her in her decisions, even if I thought I was right. In a world where over 50% of marriages don't work out, it's so comforting to see an amazing example of love and devotion right in my own home. I can only aspire to be like them someday!

PICTURES
Have I ever said how much I LOVE pictures? I'm not a photographer by any means, but pictures can never fail to bring a smile to my face. My room is plastered with them and I just love it! Memories are the best... I just love reminiscing. I love that I can constantly be reminded of the people I love, the things I am blessed with and the good times I've had just by looking at my walls!

ALLYSON KAY SCHLAUDER
Author of said inspiring blog. This girl is incredible. Me and my roomates were all gone this weekend, and when we got home late Sunday night the apartment was nicer and cleaner than I have ever seen it! Sitting on the kitchen counter was a little post-it that just said "Hope your trips were great! Love you, Ally". She snuck into our apt and seriously deep cleaned, like I mean put away all the extra dishes and cleaned the floors and organized all the crap piling up on our counter. My mom always used to make us clean the house before we left on vacations, and I never really understood why until now. It is SO nice to come home to a clean house! It takes away so much stress. Ally is so kind a selfless and I am so grateful for her and her love for service! She's such a good example... you can crash on our couch anytime!

2 comments:

Ally Kay said...

Lyssa. I love reading your blog. You are great. You support me in all my endeavors and it's such an amazing feeling to have a friend to be there for you and recognize you. I still have the letters you wrote me on november 6th. ha ha. Blessed day. Thanks for understanding me and helping me out always, epecially while I was a bum on your couch for a couple weeks. Like the time I was running late for an interview and you dressed me up and did my hair so I wouldn't be so stressed. You are the sweetest. Thanks Lyssa Patyssa.
P.S: Psghetti

Bobbi Leavitt said...

How come my name is not up there? What am I? chopped liver? If you are still here in orem, come up for a real meal!