Sunday, August 24, 2008

down by the river...

Okay so all summer I've heard about the Provo River and how much fun it is to float. So, Saturday I finally went rafting with a few friends and let me say, it was a BLAST! It ended up just being me and a guy from my ward, Rob, in a raft, and luckily he was an expert rafter, because within the first 5 minutes our raft got stuck under a bridge and we both had to bail and free the raft. That for sure was an adventure in itself, and the rest of the ride was pretty tame. Except for the time when we went over a rock and I went flying and was drug down the river for a minute or two... and the time when our other friend's boat got three holes and Jackie and Brittany had to catch up with us on an inflatable pillow. Too bad we couldn't take a camera in the raft with us! Rafting was the best. It was a gorgeous day and I got a slight tan and the scenery was beautiful! If you haven't floated the river, do it. You won't regret it!
Preparing to float

Pimpin it with the boys... Chad, Eric and Rob

The team ready to raft it up!


PS- In the Welcome to Utah moment of the week, I helped out a girl named LaKrista at work. A little skinny white girl named LAKRISTA. Really? Only Utah.
PEACE

3 comments:

Alec and Tiffany said...

Lys! That is so funny you posted about this because Alec and I are going to do that in a couple of weeks. This got me all excited. I'm glad you had a good time!

Dixon Leavitt said...

I love utah names! by the way, you and the dark kid look like a good couple. anything happen in the tube?

Wade Leavitt said...

Remember when you would not go over the waterfall with me in Oregon? Wuss!!!!