Thursday, February 7, 2008

Rendezvous with Rebs

This week presented itself with a much needed break from the norm. Jessi and Kori came in town with the Rebels on tuesday night, and I joined them downtown for a little sleepover at the hotel. First of all, I love my sisters. Jessi and I talk more when I don't live at home and we are actually much closer apart, as weird as that sounds! I reserve the right to call Kori my sister, considering the fact that she's practically lived at my house and come on every family vacation with us for the past four or so years. Gram even includes her on beach shirts, which is sayin a lot! We hung out and caught up on everything. The funny thing about my sisters is that they crash around 9:00, but by 11, they are ridiculously hyper and loud until about 2 in the AM. I usually get really annoyed with them for this, but it was fun this time around. I got to talk to my good friend Marcus for awhile too, so that was exciting. On Wednesday, we just hung out all day until the game at the U. Dixon drove up and Alec and Tiff came, so it was a fun little family reunion. It turned out to be a weird game... Rebs didn't play bad, but we just couldn't guard Luke Nevill, the Utes 7 footer, for the life of us. It got close in the end, but rebs just couldn't pull it out. It was very entertaining to sit by a pack of Dargers though... literally like 30 of them. Gotta love those polygs. Overall it was a fun couple of days. Jackie came to the game with me and I was so proud of her! Jackie has been converted to a Rebs fan, probably due to the fact that she lives with me. She even watches the games on TV and follows the players and everything. I was so proud of her for getting so into the game yesterday and throwing in comments on how frustrated she was with Luke Nevill... it's huge for her to follow a game that closely! This coming from the girl who has never seen Remember the Titans because it's a "sports movie"... its one of my personal favorites but she refuses! Love ya Jack. Here's some pics from the game...

Even our eyes are Rebel Red!

Us in a nutshell


Okay so funny story... this guy got up in testimony meeting on sunday and bore his testimony about how he got ran over by a snow plow last week and his garments saved him. Very touching story, except HOW DOES ONE GET RAN OVER BY A SNOW PLOW?! First off, they are massive trucks and make a lot of noise. He said he was in a very isolated place and yet he didn't hear or see it coming at him, he just all of a sudden got hit while digging his car out and felt his car move along with himself. I almost fell off the bench laughing... must've been a very traumatic experience for him! Then the same guy goes on to say how he asked this girl to be his girlfriend two weeks ago and then proposed to her last week. Seriously?! Welcome to Utah.

3 comments:

Andrew & Heidi Dixon said...

Alissa, you'll come to find that as sisters you and Jessi will grow closer as you grow older and living apart.

Runyon Family said...

Lys, that story makes me laugh...totally Utah! It was fun seeing you at the game!

Dad said...

You are Awesome!!!