Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Carrie = Satan

So Alyssa and I are sitting in church on Sunday listening to a guy from the stake speak, and I have bad news... apparently we need to delete our Carrie Underwood songs! I'm not making this up, he told us that the popular Carrie Underwood song "Before He Cheats", "encourages young women to be violent" and "promotes satanism", and that we need to go through our music and delete the worst of our songs. REALLY? And an example of that is CARRIE UNDERWOOD "BEFORE HE CHEATS"? I understand the concept of listening to good music, but seriously. How about any of the numerous rap songs that mention sex or drugs that are popular today? Nope, we need to get rid of "Before He Cheats", because which is worse, a girl beating up a truck, or a guy rapping about getting it on with a freaky girl in the back seat of the hummer?? Definitely the bitter girlfriend seeking revenge on a cheating boyfriend. I say use your best judgement, because sometimes people can take things a little too far, and I'm almost positive that the Carrie Underwood song "Before He Cheats" does not promote satanism.

4 comments:

Keith A. Runyon said...

SINNERS!!!! And no more Toby Keith either!

It's people like your stake speaker who scare me...we have to live in the world. Would I think my sweet Alyssa would key some guys car, and "....take a louisville slugger to both headlights..?" (sshhh...I like the song!)

Hell yeah...but only if the guy deserved it.

Love,
Your Fav Uncle

Janae' said...

We've always known I was a sinner...(imagine me singing....)Jesus take the wheel.....lalalalala..see that evil Carrie might be saveable...

teehee
Auntie Nae'

Andrew & Heidi Dixon said...

That's insane! I can think of some things that promote satanism, but Carrie ain't one of them!

Angela and Mike said...

haha, that is a really funny story. I love people that try to read into things too much and TOTALLY miss the real stuff they should be worrying about.

I love Carrie.