Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Great Hambino

It's been an eventful weekend! Our other BFF Sammy came up to visit on friday. We picked her up from the airport and then went to Pizza Factory, where Jackie's cutie boyfriend Mitch is a manager... he's the sweetest. I approve of any guy that will buy dinner for us! Saturday we went to see 27 Dresses (not as good as I thought, but still a cute flick) and then to Sakura for our friend Becca's 21st birthday. It was so fun to get together with all the girls and just hang out. If you are ever in Provo, hit up Sakura... its amazing! It's Benihana-style and the rice is heavenly. Of course it put a huge dent in my wallet but it was worth it!

Sunday we watched some football... my comments on the Pats-Chargers game could take up a whole other post, but needless to say I was very happy with the outcome! We also went with Courtney, Ciji and Becca up to our friend's cabin at Sundance. There was a ridiculous amount of snow so we had to hike to the door of th cabin. On the way, I stepped in a huge snowbank and completely lost my shoe! It was buried and I couldn't find it for the life of me, so I had to walk to the cabin with one bare foot... it was horrible! I think my toes are still frozen. Luckily we had Court's beastly tahoe or else we probably would've been stuck on the mountain all night! We loved having Ham come visit us and we wish she would just move up here already!

A little update...

So I finally got my car back from the shop last monday, after a month and a half! I drove to work and when I was coming home, the headlights weren't working. I got pulled over and almost had a panic attack because I wasn't doing anything wrong and that would've been my third ticket in two months! Luckily, he was a nice cop and just warned me that my headlights and taillights weren't working. So it was back to the shop the next day, where they just fixed a blown fuse on the lights. The next day, I was driving to work when my front left tire blew out! I had to call Triple A and while I was waiting I pretty much had a nervous breakdown. I called my Dad bawling, and he helped me calm down... I have the greatest pops in the world! He has been so understanding during this whole car drama and it's helped me out so much. So the poor little Vue is back at the dealership, waiting for new tires and getting all the kinks worked out. Hopefully I've gotten all the car trouble out of my system for a LONG while!

Rebs had a nice come from behind win tonight. Love them. And I discovered Kyle Korver has two younger brothers that play college ball... what are the chances I can catch one of them? :) I'll keep you posted.

PEACE
AL

3 comments:

Jackie said...

can I comment on our blog? oh well i just wanted to say ,"Mom i've had a hard day!" cuz thats what those pics remind me of. :)

-Jackie

Runyon Family said...

Lys - we loved seeing you this weekend. Lets go to the next Utah Flash game!

Andrew & Heidi Dixon said...

Thanks for the tip Alyssa - I've never heard of Town Square before but looked it up on the web last night - it sounds like an awesome place. Will definitely need to go check it out!! I need to get out more!